Children's Services delivers both Head Start and California State preschool programs to children 3 to 5 years old. Available to qualified low-income families, these services are sensitive to each family’s linguistic, ethnic, and cultural heritage. A strong emphasis is placed on the valuable role of parents as the first and most important teacher of their child. With focus on the whole child's development in academic, social, emotional and physical growth,combined with a safe, caring environment created by skilled teachers, CommUnify’s early education programs prepare children for a lifetime of success in school and in life.
Head Start supports children and families in many ways:
- Center-based, full-day/full-year childcare for working families
- Center-based, part-day/part-year preschool program
- Using the Creative Curriculum® for Preschool that is a comprehensive, research-based curriculum that promotes exploration and discovery as a way of learning, enabling children to develop confidence, creativity and lifelong critical thinking skills.
- Serving delicious, nutritious meals and snacks daily
- Works with school districts to create a smooth transition to kindergarten
Contact Children's Services
For more information, to enroll or support our programs, please call the office nearest you:
• South County: 805-964-8857
• Mid-County: 805-740-4555
• North County: 805-922-2243
• Toll-Free: 800-655-0617
Did You Know?
Clients served by Children's Services in 2019
Head Start Centers throughout the County